1. If you have a real tree make sure that you keep the water stand covered. When the pine sap mixes with the water it creates a poisonous concoction. If you buy tree water, check the ingredients. Only buy tree water with non-toxic ingredients. Also, do not put asprin in the tree water.
2.Pine needles can puncture your pets intestines if swallowed so make sure that you vaccum or pick them up often.
3. Decorate the bottom of your tree with non-breakable, non-edible ornaments.
4. Snow globes often contain anti-freeze which is deadly to your pet.
5. Tinsel can easily back up the intestines of your pet if swallowed. If you use tinsel keep it towards the top of the tree and always pick up any tinsel that may fall.
6. Snow spray, snow flock, and styrofoam are posinous to your pet.
7. Do you like to decorate your house with holiday flowers? Here is a list of toxic and non toxic plants.
.Holly (stiff leaves and red berries)
.Jerusalem cherry (entire plant)
.Mistletoe (berries,leaves, and stem)
.Rosary Pea or Jequirity Bean (berries)
Also remember that non-toxic plants can cause choking, coughing, or an upset stomach if ingested.
Happy Holidays from Wash Wag!!